It has been a long seven months since I last did a blog update on the Braw Wee Covid plans and thought it was time to give you another one now that Glasgow is going into Level 4.
Looking back on the info we provided then, lots has changed and I've found a way of working through the madness! 2020 was always going to be a strange year for BW as a business, making the move to being online and not having a physical shop, in many ways it has made dealing with the pandemic much easier.
I'm lucky enough to be in a building that I had 24/7 access to through this period, so have been able to continue trading once I worked out could get to work safely as it is close to where I live so no need for public transport, I have two spaces in the building - one I share with the amazing Cotton Candy Interiors and the other just to myself. Our big making space I share with Clare is massive so we have no trouble with 2 metre distancing and handily I have a fab HEPA air purifier that was given to me in the old place, so we've got that running while we are in the studio....as well has hand gels, antibacterial sprays and wipes everywhere.
So here is some updated info on how things are working at Braw Wee:
- I have moved all our physical workshops online while Glasgow is in Level 3 or 4. If you have a voucher or previous booking, the deadline for these will be the end of 2021 and I'll continue to monitor when I can get them back up and running!
- Ordering - I've now got my sister working part-time for Braw Wee packing and making up orders. The aim is to have all parcels out within 5 working days, there maybe a slight delay if we need to order in stock or it is a custom made product but we'll let you know. I'm only human and sometimes I get the stock-take wrong!
- Posting and Deliveries - I'm trying to use the local Parcel Drop to minimise contact at the post office, so these go most evenings and then anything going by Parcel Force, DPD or International - we are doing two drops at the post office a week.
- Glasgow Home Delivery Service - I can now offer to deliver your order straight to your door, if you live within 9 miles of Glasgow. Twice a week I'll be out in the Braw Wee Van doing drops, late afternoon/ early evening Tuesdays and Thursdays. Flat fee of £6.50 for this service.
- Studio collections - this can be arranged, but email us first to set up - things are a bit crazy and I'm also working on my other business Glow Arts so not always in the studio or available!
When I wrote the last blog post, I had no idea if I would survive the lockdown, and like everyone its been a rollercoaster. Our income for the year is definitely down a significant amount, and there has been very stressful months but if we can keep pushing forward over the next few months then we'll be fine! I've been able to use the resources and help round about to pivot how we do thing, like learning to make Face Masks and taking our workshops online!
So the next 7 weeks are absolutely crucial for small businesses like Braw Wee, so I appeal to you to shop as local as you can - buying from places like Braw Wee or other small gift shops you aren't just supporting them but also the small businesses they buy from. Your tenner can go a long way!
I hope you are all staying safe and thank you for your continued support!